Thursday, August 30, 2012

Change, Change, Change.......

Good Morning to all!!!

Yes, I am back and I'd like to apologize for my absence. There have been some significate changes in my life!! Not to worry, the changes were all very positive, but very time consuming and at times overhelming!!! Suffice it to say we have all come through it and learning to adjust and compromise.

As you may remember, my life's work(it seems like...) is to teach my teenager that one must view food as "fuel" for our bodies and the higher the quality, the better the "fuel for our bodies. However, this has proven to be a whole lot challenging!! By the way, did I mention that SHE'S A TEENAGER!!!!(AAARRRGGGG!!) OH and not only is she a challenge, but so is my Boyfriend(Tim)!!! Since we all now live under the same roof, they both try to gang up on me to cook "real food!" UH, HELLO PEOPLE....this is real food!!! Well, where there's a will, there's a way, right? Trust me MY will is sooo much more stronger than their's put together!!!

I don't much like being "sneeky", but I haven't much of an alternative. So, I've been developing my own recipes and taking others that I see on the internet and "tweek" them so that they are grain-free!! Some are hit's, others well, not so much. I made "Faux Mash Potatoes" for dinner one evening. Tim knew nothing about "Faux Mash Potatoes", Christina already knew this recipe and loves them! Neither I nor Christina thought anything about the "potatoes" so when Tim tried them, he commented to Christina "These are really good!" Christina said yes they are, but you know they aren't real potatoes. Tim said, oh are they the "boxed" ones? UH NO, said Christina, they are CAULIFLOUR MASHED POTATOES!!!! The look on Tim's face was PRICELESS!!! Since then I've introduced him to different foods. 'I can't say that he's going to convert over the "my side" but that's okay, he travels enough to different countries that even though he may not know it, he is eating healthy!!

I'm sure I've bored you enough for today, however, I would like to invite you to take a peek every once in while as I strive to find Grain-Free and "Healthy Organic Natural Sugar alternatives to everyday foods. I will be posting my recipes and pics.  Hmmmm, I may even post my failed recipes to get creative feedback on how best to fix a fail! Like I said, I'm not an expert and do not pretend to know what the hell I'm doing......It's all trial and error folks!! :o)
 
Stay tuned for my recipe on Grain-Free Red Velvet Cake and Vanilla Cashew Icing!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment